Huffman Inspections

Denver, Colorado 2 comments

Word to the wise, beware of allowing Huffman Inspections of Colorado to do a home inspection for any reason on your property. I am the owner of a Real Estate Company that allowed him to do an inspection for the buyers on a property we had listed. Many items where damaged in the process.

Example: Electrical outlet box was pulled out of the mortar it was in and left hanging on the wall, with a nice pile of mortar underneath. AC unit was left on and set to 56 which after days of 95 degree weather froze up the unit. Debris left everywhere, sign left on bathroom door stating not to use because it was leaking into the basement. Something that had not been happening prior to their inspection. And on and on. The thing I'm the most upset about it when the homes owner confronted them on the damage with pictures of all the items the owners response was:

Dear Jeffrey,

Thank you for your email dated July 7, 2011. I have carefully reviewed your email and investigated the matters you set forth. It is my conclusion that we have preformed a standard inspection and have not done anything beyond the scope of a routine inspection. It is unfortunate that some of the conditions found by us existed at your property, but I hope you are able to resolve them. I do not feel that any further response is justified or appropriate.

Sincerely,

Ron Huffman,

Huffman Inspections, Inc.

Really, no further response is justified or appropriate. Well Ron this response is. We all know things happen, but to not make it right of even accept responsibility is very unprofessional and unacceptable. Let it be know there are far too many great inspection companies out there to settle for anything less.

Review about: Home Inspections.

Comments

Denver, Colorado, United States #629093

They inspected the home we are selling for the potential buyers.The inspector turned up our water heater all the way to max, well past safe levels, then left it there.

My wife and I found this out the hard way by getting into the shower and getting scalded by the hot water.

He also reported several "issues" that we're flagrantly and verifiably false.Just because you charge too much for an inspection, doesn't mean you have to make things up.

Sounds like a small claims lawsuit to me.